Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Medals4Mettle


I was touched beyond words today when I shared the experience of giving race medals to the kids at the University of Michigan's C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. The real endurance race was run by these brave children. Thanks to Joe Burns of Medals 4 Mettle and all the volunteers who provided their race medals to this wonderful organization. As a result, I hope these kids and their families were able to share a smile and some joy in their fight for a healthier and painfree day. For Kevin Green, Mike Croy, Todd Powers, and myself, we met incredible children who were fighting extremely tough battles due to various head traumas. I was moved and inspired by these kids, their familes, as well as my fellow runners and volunteers. The entire experience helps reset some fundamental life perspectives. I am so thankful for this experience and hope and pray for these children and their families. May God Bless each and every child. They deserve the world.


1 comment:

  1. couldn't agree more. great opportunity, and a reminder of how lucky we are.

    ReplyDelete